Because of the potential impact of fuel cells on the environment and our economy, SAFCell's revolutionary SAFC technology has begun to be noticed by the public, the scientific community, and mass media. Members of the media who wish to interview the scientists at SAFCell should contact us.
SAFCell Press Releases
Reviews of solid acid technology
The following are links to recent articles written about SAFC technology:
- Diesel: The Fuel of the Future?
Discovery News, November 9, 2010.
- Cheap Diesel-Powered Fuel Cells
MIT Technology Review, October 21, 2010.
- Running fuel cells on biodiesel
Research Council of Norway, October 10, 2010.
- The Power Behind Cooler, Greener Energy
by Andrew Murr, Newsweek, January 7, 2007.
- New Comer Heats Up the Race for Practical Fuel Cells
by Robert Service, Science, January 2004, vol 303, pg 29.
- The promise of Protonics
by Truels Norby, Nature, April 2001, vol 410, pg 877.
- Power cells get warm
by Philip Ball, Nature Science Update, April 19, 2001.
- Some Like It Medium Hot
by R. John Davenport, ScienceNow, April 18, 2001.
- Novel fuel cell gets hot, but not by a lot
by Peter Weiss, Science News, April 21, 2001, vol 159, pg 247.
- Building a Better Fuel Cell
by Alan Leo, Technology Review, April 19, 2001.
- CalTech Claims New Type of Fuel Cell Developed
Reuters, EV World, April 18, 2001.
Publications by SAFCell Scientists
- From Laboratory Breakthrough to Technological Realization: The Development Path for Solid Acid Fuel Cells
by Calum R.I. Chisholm, Dane A. Boysen, Alex B. Papandrew, Strahinja Zecevic, SukYal Cha, , Aron Varga, Konstantinos P. Giapis, and Sossina M. Haile, The Electrochemical Society Interface, Fall 2009.
- Solid acid proton conductors: from laboratory curiosities to fuel cell electrolytes
by Sossina M. Haile, Calum R.I. Chisholm, Kenji A. Sasaki, Dane A. Boysen and Tetsuya Uda, The Royal Society of Chemistry Faraday Discussions, 2007, 134.
- Alcohol Fuel Cells at Optimal Temperatures
by Tetsuya Uda, Dane A. Boysen, Calum R.I. Chisholm, and Sossina M. Haile, Electrochemical Society Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, 9 (2006)
- Thin-Membrane Solid-Acid Fuel Cell
by Tetsuya Uda and Sossina M. Haile, Electrochemical Society Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, 8 (2005)
- High-Performance Solid Acid Fuel Cells Through Humidity Stabilization
by Dane A. Boysen, Tetsuya Uda, Calum R.I. Chisholm, and Sossina M. Haile, Science, January 2, 2004, vol 303, pg 68.
- Solid acids as fuel cell electrolytes
by Sossina M. Haile, Dane A. Boysen, Calum R.I. Chisholm, and Ryan Merle, Nature, April 19, 2001, vol 410, pg 910.